I had a request to rename roughly 100 libraries in our SharePoint deployment recently and thought it would be a good time to dig into a bit of PowerShell.
In this post I’ll demonstrate how to loop through site collections, subsites, lists and finally how to filter and change a name of a list and I’ll also attempt to show a few interesting properties we can change.
Continue reading “SharePoint – How to Modify SharePoint Lists and Libraries Using PowerShell”
This is likely a side-effect of me being rather new to coding in C# and coding CRM solutions however I came across an issue in that I needed to create some tracing on a plugin however I couldn’t add it as a parameter of the Execute function.
I’ll cover two ways to enable tracing within a custom plugin, the standard way which everyone suggests and a workaround which I used –
Continue reading “Dynamics – How to Setup Plugin Tracing in Custom Workflow Steps C#”
I’ve been doing some work on expanding Dynamics in order to create a solution capable of scheduling automatic reporting to email addresses recently (a very interesting subject) and found it difficult to find a complete list of input parameters for use in my custom workflow step.
Below I’ve included all the examples I’ve found –
Continue reading “Dynamics – C# Input/Output Parameters Cheat Sheet”
I’ve been doing some work with marketing lists today and came across a confusing issue.
After converting a dynamic list to a static list so that one of our marketing users could selectively remove contacts for a marketing email, we realised we couldn’t use the ‘Manage Members’ functionality as it simply froze when processing any sort of query against members. After some head scratching we figured out why.
Continue reading “Dynamics – Can’t Modify Static Marketing List Converted from Dynamic List”
This is a continuation of ‘How to Create a Project Server Resource Utilization Report – #1 Data Connections‘.
If you followed my last article on this you should now have an Excel file with a data connection to the Project Server which is half the battle, but now we’ve got to set up the Pivot Table to show something useful and we have to style it so that it will provide value at a glance.
This article will cover the full setup for the Pivot Table and getting it styled up to a useable format. Once done you’ll be able to easily extend this to show other useful info such as how much of your companies total resource is assigned to projects and the likes.
Continue reading “How to Create a Project Server Resource Utilization Report – #2 Setting up Pivot Table and Styling”
I’ve recently been doing some work on creating a Resource utilization report based on data taken from Project Server 2013. The requirement was that it should stay up-to-date with project Server and should be able to show at a glance when resources were overbooked.
In this article and potentially a few others I plan to cover every required step from creating the data connection to formatting it all in a useable format, what you will end up with will be a report similar to the report in the image above or below using an OData Query –
Continue reading “How to Create a Project Server Resource Utilization Report – #1 Data Connections”
For those of you who have already done so or plan to migrate to Dynamics 365, there appears to be a bug with business process flows whereby they won’t appear on records. I’ve seen reports this is now fixed for online deployments but unfortunately there’s no such luck for those of us on-premise.
In this article I will hopefully fix the problem for you.
Continue reading “Dynamics 365 – Business Process Flow (BPM) Not Appearing on Records”