SharePoint 2013 – How to Hide Taxonomy Columns

I was recently tasked with finding out how to hide the taxonomy catchall columns that appear when Content & Structure is used to move items into a list or library. These type of fields can’t be hidden using the normal SharePoint interface meaning our next best option is to use PowerShell.

I’ll cover how to use PowerShell to hide this column down below.

Continue reading “SharePoint 2013 – How to Hide Taxonomy Columns”

SharePoint – How to Modify SharePoint Lists and Libraries Using PowerShell

I had a request to rename roughly 100 libraries in our SharePoint deployment recently and thought it would be a good time to dig into a bit of PowerShell.

In this post I’ll demonstrate how to loop through site collections, subsites, lists and finally how to filter and change a name of a list and I’ll also attempt to show a few interesting properties we can change.

Continue reading “SharePoint – How to Modify SharePoint Lists and Libraries Using PowerShell”

Dynamics – How to Setup Plugin Tracing in Custom Workflow Steps C#

This is likely a side-effect of me being rather new to coding in C# and coding CRM solutions however I came across an issue in that I needed to create some tracing on a plugin however I couldn’t add it as a parameter of the Execute function.

I’ll cover two ways to enable tracing within a custom plugin, the standard way which everyone suggests and a workaround which I used –

Continue reading “Dynamics – How to Setup Plugin Tracing in Custom Workflow Steps C#”

Dynamics – C# Input/Output Parameters Cheat Sheet

I’ve been doing some work on expanding Dynamics in order to create a solution capable of scheduling automatic reporting to email addresses recently (a very interesting subject) and found it difficult to find a complete list of input parameters for use in my custom workflow step.

Below I’ve included all the examples I’ve found –

Continue reading “Dynamics – C# Input/Output Parameters Cheat Sheet”

Dynamics – Can’t Modify Static Marketing List Converted from Dynamic List

I’ve been doing some work with marketing lists today and came across a confusing issue.

After converting a dynamic list to a static list so that one of our marketing users could selectively remove contacts for a marketing email, we realised we couldn’t use the ‘Manage Members’ functionality as it simply froze when processing any sort of query against members. After some head scratching we figured out why.

Continue reading “Dynamics – Can’t Modify Static Marketing List Converted from Dynamic List”

How to Create a Project Server Resource Utilization Report – #2 Setting up Pivot Table and Styling

This is a continuation of ‘How to Create a Project Server Resource Utilization Report – #1 Data Connections‘.

If you followed my last article on this you should now have an Excel file with a data connection to the Project Server which is half the battle, but now we’ve got to set up the Pivot Table to show something useful and we have to style it so that it will provide value at a glance.

This article will cover the full setup for the Pivot Table and getting it styled up to a useable format. Once done you’ll be able to easily extend this to show other useful info such as how much of your companies total resource is assigned to projects and the likes.

Continue reading “How to Create a Project Server Resource Utilization Report – #2 Setting up Pivot Table and Styling”