I recently had a requirement to change the default font used by emails in Dynamics CRM from the rather ugly defaults to something a bit more presentable, there are a few ways to go about this which I’ll mention, however, the method I’m going to cover in detail uses only OOTB customizations rather than a hacky JS function.
It turns out that the default font that Dynamics uses these days isn’t actually defined within the program itself, it’s defined by your default browser fonts. As such changing the default fonts will change the default of the emails in CRM for yourself at least.
- Click the settings button at the top right.
- Click ‘Settings’ in the drop-down.
- Scroll down and click ‘Advanced’ to expand the available options.
- Click ‘Customize fonts’.
- Change the ‘Default font’ to a font of your choosing.
- Click the ‘Menu’ button at the top-right.
- Click Options in the drop-down.
- Select Content in the window that appears.
- Click the ‘Default Font’ drop-down and select the font you want to use.
- Click the Cog icon at the top right of IE.
- Select Internet Options in the drop-down.
- Click ‘Fonts’ in the window that appears.
- Change the ‘Webpage font’ to your choice then click OK.