Although I created this some time ago in order to get an accurate count of important records in our system it’s taken me some time to tidy it up and get it ready for release to the public.
The project and all source code are available on GitHub, feel free to use it in any manner you see fit, however, I’d appreciate being credited and hearing about whatever you do with it.
Continue reading “Release of ‘Get Total Records Count Solution’ Dynamics 365 Solution”
I’ve seen quite a few people asking why the ‘First Response By’ and ‘Resolve By’ fields found on the cases CRM forms and within the Engagement Hub aren’t populated. I’ve seen people often assume this is a bug however that’s not the case.
Below I’ll go through a few reasons why these may not be getting filled in.
Continue reading “Dynamics – ‘First Response By’ & ‘Resolve By’ not being Populated”
Another quick reference article today, in this article I’ll provide a list of type codes which are internal ID references to entities and I’ll provide some and SQL query that will allow you to easily return your own ID values.
Continue reading “Dynamics 365 – Entity Type Code List”
This is likely a side-effect of me being rather new to coding in C# and coding CRM solutions however I came across an issue in that I needed to create some tracing on a plugin however I couldn’t add it as a parameter of the Execute function.
I’ll cover two ways to enable tracing within a custom plugin, the standard way which everyone suggests and a workaround which I used –
Continue reading “Dynamics – How to Setup Plugin Tracing in Custom Workflow Steps C#”
I’ve been doing some work on expanding Dynamics in order to create a solution capable of scheduling automatic reporting to email addresses recently (a very interesting subject) and found it difficult to find a complete list of input parameters for use in my custom workflow step.
Below I’ve included all the examples I’ve found –
Continue reading “Dynamics – C# Input/Output Parameters Cheat Sheet”
I’ve been doing some work with marketing lists today and came across a confusing issue.
After converting a dynamic list to a static list so that one of our marketing users could selectively remove contacts for a marketing email, we realised we couldn’t use the ‘Manage Members’ functionality as it simply froze when processing any sort of query against members. After some head scratching we figured out why.
Continue reading “Dynamics – Can’t Modify Static Marketing List Converted from Dynamic List”
This is a continuation of ‘How to Create a Project Server Resource Utilization Report – #1 Data Connections‘.
If you followed my last article on this you should now have an Excel file with a data connection to the Project Server which is half the battle, but now we’ve got to set up the Pivot Table to show something useful and we have to style it so that it will provide value at a glance.
This article will cover the full setup for the Pivot Table and getting it styled up to a useable format. Once done you’ll be able to easily extend this to show other useful info such as how much of your companies total resource is assigned to projects and the likes.
Continue reading “How to Create a Project Server Resource Utilization Report – #2 Setting up Pivot Table and Styling”