This post should act as a ‘quick guide’ to sending mail through CRM using the Quick Campaign feature, this isn’t meant to be a detailed walkthrough, its use is to make sure that users can quickly remember the steps required to send out a mass mailer through CRM alone.
- First make sure that a Marketing List with the contacts/accounts you want to mail either exists or that you create one, otherwise access the view of contacts/accounts you wish to email.
- Select the marketing list/contacts that you plan to email.
- Now create a quick campaign by going to the ellipses menu in the command bar and selecting Quick Campaign then the relevant option.
- Either option should make the quick campaign wizard appear which will guide you through the process of sending out a mailshot.
- Be sure that E-mail is selected as the Activity Type, this tells CRM you want it to send out an email activity to all selected records.
- Default values for ‘Select who will own these new activities’ and ‘Select whether email activities should be closed’ can be left as is for most cases.
- You will be given an option to use a template or to create your own email, writing your own email can be an easy and quick way to get an email sent out however if sending out a survey you will want to select ‘Use Template’.
- Once you have selected a template or written your email click Next and the email will be sent out to everyone you selected or to all members of the marketing list providing they accept communications.