Hey All, today I’ll be going over another minor issue I came across whilst setting up a Dynamics 365 Self-Service Community Portal, although I have seen reports of this issue affecting all instances of the Dynamics portals.
- Activites created in the Portal appear in the Portal correctly.
- Any Activities created via Dynamics do not appear at all.
For example, the image below is showing a case with a comment and an attachment created by the user, but it’s not showing the initial email sent from the support desk to the user.
The fix involves a small tweak to one of the Portal Site Settings in Dynamics. Which will force the portal to show related activities.
- Navigate to Portals > Site Settings.
- Locate the setting ‘CustomerSupport/DisplayAllUserActivitiesOnTimeline’.
- Set the value to ‘true’ if found, otherwise create the site setting ensuring you use the exact name above (case sensitive).
- Navigate to a case in the Portal and you should now see any related activities similar to below.